`1. What are the major projects? In a bulleted list, provide links to the project descriptions for each of them.
Link for all projects: http://materialwordss17.rswsandbox.net/about/#ProjectDescriptionsAnchor||OD3DAnchor|0||BlogAnchor|0
- Blog (5 Posts)
- Twitter Essays (2)
- Object Description and 3D Model Draft (1)
- Interactive Timeline (1)
- Multi-modal Object Analysis (3 stages)
2. How will your final grade be calculated?
- Class participation, attendance, and projects. There are points for each part and the will be added up at the end of the semester.
3. What happens if you don’t complete one of the major projects?
- It will result in a grade of a C- or lower.
4. What is the “submission form” and how do you use it? Embed the form below your answer (hint: Google “embed Google form” to find out how).
- It is used to turn in every assignment. You use it by filling out the information and clicking “submit.”
5. Embed the course calendar and weekly overview below this question.
6. Where on the course website can you find an overview of the grading policy and major project deadlines?
- Under the grade calculation tab under the syllabus and course info section.
7. What is the best way to see an overview of what’s due each week?
- Looking at the course calendar.
8. What is the attendance policy?
- You must come to every class. If you miss a class you should make an appointment with the professor to see what you missed. Also, you will lose 50 points for an unexcused absence and 25-50 points for being late.
9. What is the one way that you can lose points?
- Not showing up to class
10. What are my office hours, and how do you make an appointment to see me outside of class?
- M/W, 9-11 am and by appointment. Email the professor to make an appointment
11. How do you earn participation credit? Provide a link to the instructions/guidelines for participation.
- By keeping up with class preparation and engaging in class. Link: http://materialwordss17.rswsandbox.net/about/#GenPartAnchor
12. How many points can you earn by participating in or organizing a study group session?
- 20 points
13. How can you be assured of earning an “A” in this course?
- By completing all major class projects, participation, and accrue 4.242 points
14. What are the minimum requirements for earning a passing grade of “C”?
- If you complete and earn the minimum points for all of the major projects, complete all of the class prep, and attend every class
15. What do you do if you’re not sure how to document your participation in order to earn points?
- Your points will be recorded on Google doc
16. Where do you find the prompts for the Blog project? What is the title of the Blog Post 1 prompt? Which group are you in for the Blog project?
- You find the prompts under the “due dates” tab of the blog section. The title of the Blog Post 1 is “Writing and Material Culture.” I am in group 1.